CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Who knew?!

Who knew buying a soda could lead to a new job? I went to the Chevron gas station Scott and I always go to and when I walked in, the manager asked me if I wanted a job. I was kind of blown away and asked her what she was talking about.

Evidentally, they have had a hard time finding good, dependable employees lately, so she told me she decided to try something different and she was offering jobs to people she knew rather than just hiring off the street.

I told her I've already applied for a job as a Court Clerk with the City of North Las Vegas and that if it worked out, I would probably only be there about six to eight weeks. She decided to go ahead and hire me anyway. So I've been working part-time since the 17th and it's actually been kind of nice getting out of the house for a while every few days. Although I haven't worked standing on my feet for eight hours straight since I was 15 years old. That part is kind of tough.

Thankfully, I received an email telling me I am scheduled to take the test for the Court Clerk position at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I will get at least 70% or higher so I can move on to the next stage of their looooooooong, drawn out hiring process. Wish me luck!!

1 comments:

Marissa said...

Good luck at your new job and at your test. I am sure you will do great. You will have to treat yourself to a pedicure after all those hours on your feet. Those foot massages they give are sure nice!